This post is also available in: Italiano
The museum is currently closed for renovation of the exhibition and multimedia installations.
Follow our social media pages and the posts on the website to be updated on all news!
Full ticket: € 8
Reduced: € 5
- Children aged 8 to 14
- School groups and accompanying teachers (primary/middle/high school)
- Adults over 65
- Groups of more than 15 people
- Members of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Members’ Associazione Amici di Palazzo Te e dei Musei Mantovani
- Members’ Società di Solferino e San Martino
- Residents of the municipalities of Castiglione delle Stiviere and Solferino (upon presentation of identity document)
- Children 0-7 years
- MICR Membership Card
- Subscription to Musei Lombardia/Valle d’Aosta
- Members of the International Council of Museums (ICOM)
The MICR membership card is designed for all those who wish to actively participate in the life of the museum, its history and its renovation. This is a cultural offering that grows with the design of new spaces for meeting and sharing with the public.
Find out how to join and all the benefits reserved for membership card holders
Groups: max. 20 people
Duration: 60/90 minutes
- Guided tour in Italian: €60, in addition to the ticket price
- Guided tour in English/French/German: €100, in addition to the ticket price
For information and reservations
Tel. + 39 0376 631107 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where we are
The MICR is based in the historic Palazzo Longhi Triulzi in Via Garibaldi 50 in Castiglione delle Stiviere, in the province of Mantua, Italy.
In the centre of Castiglione delle Stiviere, there are several public paying car parks.
A large car park near the Museum is located in Vicolo Bratasedassi, near the Distretto Socio-sanitario.
How to reach us
Castiglione delle Stiviere is located a short distance from some important cities and numerous local tourist destinations, particularly in the Garda and Mantua areas.
A4 Milan-Venice motorway. Uscita Desenzano del Garda, direzione Mantova/Castiglione d/S.
- Alight at Brescia stop. From Brescia bus service Line 2 (towards Mantua). Stop at Castiglione delle Stiviere/Via Dunant.
- Alight at Desenzano stop. From Desenzano bus service Line 7B (towards Mantua). Stop at Castiglione delle Stiviere/Via Gnutti.
The MICR App, for iOS and Android systems, allows you to visit the Museum with the support of Augmented Reality (AR) content, accessible directly from your smartphone or tablet.
A 17-stage journey with insights, images, archive photographs and a small surprise at the end.
The App is available in two languages (Italian/English) and can be downloaded free of charge from Google Play and App Store.
Itineraries to discover Castiglione delle Stiviere and its territory
In addition to the guided tour of the Museum, it is possible to organise thematic itineraries in the historical centre of Castiglione delle Stiviere, at the Red Cross Memorial, at the Fortress and the Risorgimento Museum of Solferino, in the places of the battle, and to monuments and places of historical-artistic and natural interest in the Lands of Alto Mantovano.
The service is open to tourist groups and school groups, subject to prior booking.
The MICR offers visitors free Wi-Fi to access the Museum’s services.
Conference rooms and co-working spaces/classroom
The MICR is currently equipped with conference rooms with video projectors for meetings and presentations and a large co-working space for workshops.
The new interior redevelopment project will further expand the spaces equipped to accommodate educational activities for specific audiences.
The Museum bookshop is located at the ticket office, where it is possible to buy books and publications on the history of the Red Cross and the territory, as well as postcards, gadgets, stationery and accessories related to the Museum and the Humanitarian Organisation it represents.
The MICR Library holds documents and publications related to the history of the Red Cross and the birth of International Humanitarian Law.
Access to the library and consultation of texts is currently possible by appointment.
For more information: Tel. +39 0376 631107 | Email: email@example.com